Great Plains Bank is pleased to offer an academic collegiate scholarship for graduating high school seniors who would like to pursue a career in banking, within our service area, in honor of former, beloved GPB CEO Art Harris.
Scholarship Opens: Monday January 30, 2023
Scholarship Deadline: Monday April 3, 2023
Students who meet the following criteria are eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants must be a graduating high school senior at the time of application.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 2.0 GPA.
- Applicants must express a desire to pursue a career in banking.
- Applicants must have graduated from a high school within Great Plains Bank’s service area.
- Applicants must be an Oklahoma or Texas resident at the time of application.
- Applicants must be a United States citizen.
- In order to be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must demonstrate financial need:
- FAFSA Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- Please include appropriate documentation for the FAFSA EFC
- Eligibility for this scholarship includes an assessment of the applicant’s activities during their high school years:
- Did the applicant have to work a part-time job while enrolled in high school?
- Did the applicant have to assist with family care?
- Community involvement
- Extra-curricular activities
- Volunteer work
- Recipient must attend an accredited college/university/vocational school, two or four-year, within the United States.
- Recipient must be enrolled full-time, each semester and maintain a 2.0 GPA to retain scholarship.