As you may have recently heard, an exciting change is coming to Great Plains Bank. In an effort to improve the efficiency of our operations and to continue to provide you with exceptional products and services, we will be undergoing a conversion of our core operating system from July 21-July 24. This change will mean banking at Great Plains Bank will be better than ever! We value our customers and have taken steps to ensure a smooth transition. Below is important information, including what is changing, important dates and FAQs.
The most important step you can take in preparing for the conversion is ensuring that we have your current contact information.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to us or speak to a representative in person. We are excited about the conversion and continuing to provide all of our customers with great service!
While many of the changes coming to Great Plains Bank will happen behind the scenes and will require no action from you, below is important information to be aware of:
- Online banking, mobile and telephone (voice response) banking will be changing. Your access to these services will be read-only between 3 p.m. Friday, July 21 through 8 a.m. Monday, July 24.
- You will still be able to use your debit card(s) and/or checks before, during and after the conversion. We do not anticipate there being any time you will be unable to access your funds by debit card or check. Although we do not foresee any service interruptions, you may plan to carry an alternative form of payment during the conversion weekend.
- Branches will close at 3 p.m. on Friday, July 21 and will remain closed Saturday, July 22.
- Your account numbers will remain the same.
- Your direct deposits and automatic drafts will not be affected by the conversion.
Dates to be Aware of
We will convert our entire system over one weekend (Friday, July 21– Sunday, July 23) to minimize the impact on you, while offering complete access to your funds. Below is a timeline of the conversion weekend.
Before July 21 - All branches will be closing early at 3 p.m. as we prepare for the conversion. Make sure we have your most current contact information on file. Have a secondary payment method ready in the unlikely event that debit card services are interrupted. Take the necessary steps for bill pay services, listed below, if applicable.
3 p.m. July 21 through 8 a.m. July 24 - While the conversion will be taking place, all branches will be closed Saturday and Sunday. Remember that while the conversion is taking place your online access will be read-only.
After 8 a.m. July 24 - At 8 a.m. Monday, July 24 the conversion will be complete. You will regain full access to all banking services and all branches will resume normal hours. At this time you can login to online banking with your existing username and temporary password (5 digit zip + last 4 of SSN OR last 4 of TIN) to re-enroll in mobile banking, set up e-alerts, re-enroll in e-statements, re-enter ACH transfer information and set up any other applicable online banking services.
Services that are Changing
Our new core operating system will impact some of our banking services, like online banking and bill pay. The following information outlines the services that will be impacted and what actions you need to take, if any, on July 24.
- Personal account temporary passwords are your five digit zip code and the last four numbers of your social security number.
- Business account temporary passwords are the business’s five digit zip code and the last four numbers of your business’s tax identification number.
Please be aware that you will need to re-enter any online banking transfers and ACH related information. E-alerts will also need to be re-entered.
Telephone Banking (Voice Response)
- Free Rewards account holders will receive two statements for the month of July; however, qualifications and interest will still be met and paid on the August 16 statement.
- Business and personal checking account statements will be generated each month beginning August 31. These customers will also receive two statements for the month of July.
- Savings account statements will be generated quarterly, unless required to be monthly based on electronic activity, beginning September 29.
- If your statement cycle falls on another day per your request, statements will be generated on that day beginning in August.
Intuit QuickBooks/Quicken Settings
If you use Intuit Quickbooks or Quicken in conjunction with our online banking please reference the below documents to make sure your settings are properly set up prior to the conversion. This will ensure that you will not experience any interruption of these programs during the conversion and all of your data will properly transfer. Please note there are certain dates to keep in mind referenced in each document.