For 18 years old and under or a student up to 25 years of age.
An account tailor-made to learn the ropes of proper savings. Whether you’re a student or just getting started with your own finances, our Starter is perfect to start putting money away and learn the basics of saving.
- No minimum balance to open
- No minimum balance to avoid a service charge
- No maintenance fee
- Interest paid quarterly
Other features and requirements include:
- Interest will be compounded on a quarterly basis.
- Interest begins to accrue on the business day you make your deposit and will be credited to your account on a quarterly basis. If you close your account before your interest is credited, you will not receive the accrued interest.
- The average ledger balance method is used to calculate interest on your account. This calculation is achieved by taking the sum of the ledger balance (positive or negative) in the account for each day of the period divided by the number of days in the period.
- Six (6) withdrawals are allowed per statement cycle or four week period, no more than six of which may be payable by draft or similar order to a third party.
- A monthly or quarterly statement is mailed to the customer.
- Management reserves the right to change at any time and at its sole discretion the interest rate, the annual percentage yield, and the compounding frequency on this account. As a general rule, withdrawals from this account will be paid on demand; however, the bank reserves the right to require seven (7) days written notice.